Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tatum's eye surgery tommorrow...

Hey guys! I know its been forever since I've posted. I've just been slammed with work and other things going on right now. Okay I just wanted to let everyone know that Tatum will be undergoing out patient surgery for his eyes. 2 or 3 months ago I noticed his right eye was crossing and it started doing that every day and then it would go back. At his pedi appointment I told the doctor and she referred us to an Ophlamologist. We went and they checked out his eyes and his vision was great so thank goodness he won't need glasses. They did tell me though he had Strabismus http://strabismus.org/. So we tried the patching thing on his eye, but surgery is really what is going to fix it. They basically are going to go under his eyes and move his muscles so they don't cross. I'm so nervous, because he'll be under, but I know he's in good hands. The doctor is in the top 10 and has done over 10,000 of these surgeries and 10 a week.

Just keep little Tator in your prayers so everything goes smoothly and he recovers quickly. It is only a 45 min to 1 hour long surgery and then we take him home that day. They said he'll just be groggy and his eyes will be bloodshot for a day or two, but then he'll be fine. I'll update everyone tommorrow on how he's doing. Take care!

3 comments:

Our Happy Little Family said...

Good Luck tomorrow!! Little Tatum will be in our prayers!! Let me know how he is doing (and you) call if you need to talk or anything!!

Becca said...

I will keep him in my prayers!

Our Happy Little Family said...

We are sad that you have to miss the party, but we totally understand!!! We hope Tatum is feeling better today!!! Also, you HAVE to take Tatum to Gatti Town - he'd LOVE it...we'll even meet y'all out there...Tyler did NOT want to leave yesterday....he had a wonderful two year old tantrum...fun times!!!!!
See y'all soon!!!
LOve Ya Girlie!!!